August 11, 2012

Kelley's back!

Hey, everyone!! I'm back!!

Have you been enjoying hearing from the other people in your lives here in Germany? Hopefully by the time we've left you'll have heard something from all of us.

Like you heard, today we went into a Catholic church. Actually the main "event" of the day was visiting a castle and shopping. It was a "break" day, and we did a LOT of walking! The castle was amazing, and the shopping was fun. At the end of the day we ate at a pizzeria (the pizza was good - and very Germany-ish with the strong pepperoni). After eating we ran in the Catholic church because Bro. Mark wanted us to see it. I'm glad we did, I think it's had the biggest impact on us so far. All of the religious rituals, the tradition, it was something I'm finding hard to explain. Knowing that we were most likely the only saved people in there, and that everyone else was trusting a false sense of security really does something inside of you. Some of us girls were crying, and the guys were definitely moved, just not as emotional.

On the hour ride back we all fell asleep in the car, and so we have more energy than we should for 10:30 at night. We're watching Tangled and Drew is really into it. We're Face Timing Grace and Faith, and Hannah just tripped over Collin on the way to see her. I think we're still delirious from jet lag.

I know some of you are wondering what we're going to do now, and I'm not 100% sure myself. Tomorrow, of course, is church. We're really hoping for a good turn out so please pray with us about that! After church we're having a "secret" adventure. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of obstacle course and has something to do with heights. They don't have services at night because the Germans won't come.

For the rest of the trip there's still a lot of painting to be done, still a lot of sand to sweep in the cracks in the driveway, still a lot of tracts to be passed out. I'm looking forward to every minute to come!!

I'll post some pictures now - I have SO many I want to show you, but not enough time to upload them all. I'll try to find the best ones, though. I love you all! Thank you for the prayers!!


3 comments:

  1. I did really enjoy hearing from some of the other guys too!!! I love all of your posts!!! Keep them coming!!!! And the pictures too!!! They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures, your words, the descriptions, etc. So glad you are getting to 'see' some of Germany. Fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your blog, Kelley. I'm making lot's and lot's of HOT salsa and thinking about you (if you know what I mean). ;}
    Did any of you get pictures of the inside of the castle? Thought I might get some decorating tips! ;)) Hope your time is going by slow and you have the time of your life. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete