August 8, 2012

End of Day One

It's 9:15 pm right now We're about to go to bed. The girls have yet to put in a full day of work, but the we're still adjusting to the time change. We should be back to normal by tomorrow!

In the morning we start painting - we taped everything off this morning. The boys are super fast at putting down those cobblestones! They're already about halfway done! It's looking SO pretty! Bro. Heath has been painting the outside their house - light yellow! He's been way, way up in the air on scaffolding that he and some of our guys put together. Better him than me! It's connected to the church, which is a brighter shade of yellow, and it's so, so pretty. I've decided I'm going to come home and paint Cornerstone yellow!

There are 3 boys in their neighborhood that have been helping all day so the guys have made some friends. I think it's improving their German and it's fun to watch the American/German interaction

Listening to the Germans speak is so much fun - I have no idea what they're saying, but I love to hear it! They've been trying to teach us some words, but they're hard for us to pronounce, and I can't remember them! Drew's been trying the hardest, I believe. We got off the plane with him saying "Wie gehts dir" (it sounds nothing like it's spelled) which means "How are you?" After they said "Gut" and asked him the same, he said "Gut". He responds to everything they say with "Gut, gut." It's a start! We're all trying to learn some of it!

In church tonight we sang three songs. The group sang "Farther On" the quartet sang "To Canaan's Land" and then the group sang "Oh, how I love Jesus". As a congregation we sang "An Can it Be" and "I'm a Soldier of the Cross." We had to try to sing the second song in German, but I think we just hummed. It was terrible. Bro. Mark said we have to learn "An Can it Be" in German by Sunday. Pray for us! ;)

After church Paul showed us his braiding skills with this yarn curtain thing they have hanging in a doorway. Drew put it on his head like Rapunzel and we sang a song from Tangled to him.

Tomorrow after work is done for the day, we're leaving around 6 in groups to hand out flyers. We'll be doing the same on Saturday night. They're trying to get a lot of people to church on Sunday and I think a lot of them are lost. Please pray that we will be an example of the joy of the Lord and that they will see Jesus through us!

Right now we're all sitting in the living room Skyping with Mrs. Lorrie, Connor, and Delanie. We're eating chocolate, looking at pictures from today and  nodding off (I am, anyway.)

I'm going to go to bed now. Enjoy the pictures!


From the top going down: Bro. Heith, Drew, Paul, and J.D.








8 comments:

  1. I love the article, I love the pictures. I love it all. Keep the stories coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a link to your blog up on the church site.

    I love reading your writings! Quality without facade it's refreshing.

    I'm super excited for ya'll & hope everything goes great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading about your day!! Thanks for the post! Sounds like you are all having a great time!! Creating great memories!! Praying for you all! Keep the pictures and post coming, it does make it a little easier and helps me not miss Hannah so much :)
    Oh and by the way what is the story behind the picture of you girls with the spoons on your noses? I know there must be one! Mrs. Holley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job, Kelley!
    I will check back everyday...so keep up the good work!
    Please keep Collin from embarrassing us. :)
    Praying for you all! Mrs. Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love reading your posts, Kelley! We are praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your post Kelley! I'll try to get on as much as possible to check to see if you have updated anything! I miss you guys already!! I'm praying for ya'll!!! ~Sarah A.
    P.s Tell Hannah her little sis says hey!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelley! I'm so glad I found your blog so I can see all the pictures from the Germany trip! I'm a friend of one of the girls there. :) Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right after the girls saw the picture of you all in your aprons they ran to the playroom and put on their aprons and said they were playing Germany! :) They took turns being each one of you girls, even Jael! :) Love you! Mrs. Rachelle :)

    ReplyDelete