November 10, 2012

Seven Smiles on Saturday (11.09.12)

1. Saturdays.

Reason #1 - I get to sleep in as long as I want to.
Reason #2 - I get to sleep in as long as I want to.
Reason #3 - I get to sleep in as long as I want to.

(I'm not a morning person. AT ALL. I did this thing at one point this summer where I was going to run in the mornings - first day, I come downstairs in my pajama's and just said "Well. I don't think I want to do this." My mom: "I didn't figure you would. You're more of an afternoon runner, morning's just aren't your thing." Let's be clear on one thing: I ran every afternoon for a week and a half. Yes, I did.)

2. Grilled chicken.

I'm slightly alarmed at the number of times I put food as a Smile on Saturday. But grilled chicken is good! And on a fresh green salad with cottage cheese on the side...I promise you I do not eat all day every day.

 (How awesome is it when you make lunch for yourself and it ends up looking like this? Pretty awesome!)

3. Raising the windows.

Oh, how thankful I am that I don't live any further north than Tennessee - on days like today, when the sun is shining and it's warm-ish outside, I am so thankful to live where I do!

Also - and I guess this is kind of a bonus one, but it goes along with the windows being up - is this candle. It's an all-natural soy candle in the scent "Berry Creme Brulee" and it smells amazing! I keep it on my nightstand in front of my window, and if the wind's blowing and I take the lid off, it's as good as burning it. Mmmm...Grace told me this was her favorite scent so I got it, and it's a great one!

4. Listening to a song on repeat.

"His way is perfect, His way is perfect..." (by the Cleghorn's)

5. Homemade popcorn. (food once again...)

Daddy makes this, and let me tell you - there IS a difference between this and store bought. I like to put creole seasoning on mine. :)



6. & 7. Our church's new basketball team, and our "C'Stone" symbol for them.

They played their first game tonight, and even though they didn't win, I was so proud of them! They put forth so much effort and really did do a good job. I love watching basketball, and since I knew the players, I think I may have gotten way too into it. It was just so much fun! :)

The fist represents a stone, and the "C", well, the "C". 
This is also the symbol for "church" in ASL. So cool, right?

GO C'STONE!




No comments:

Post a Comment