February 3, 2015

updates and changes

I definitely did not think that my first post of 2015 would be in February! I really wanted to write an upbeat, positive post welcoming in the new year but every time I sat down to write I just ended up staring at a blank screen.

For awhile now I've been wanting to re-think the way I've been blogging, so a week into the new year I stopped reading the blogs I follow - which meant staying off of Google+ as well. I knew I wanted to keep doing it, but I wanted to have a fresh new perspective on it and in order to do that, I didn't want to compare myself to anyone else.

So, after several people asking when I was going to post again, I decided to type this up fairly quickly to let you know my "new" plan!

I went back to my very first post, just to see how I'd opened up this blog. Here's that post, written almost three years ago...

Just Me

I am a nineteen-year-old girl loving her life and loving her God.

Dedicated to writing, addicted to reading, and waiting on the future.

Thank you for reading as I tell the many things that Jesus does for me...


That post gets my lack of inspiration and even excitement about writing and blogging back on track! I'm not nineteen anymore, but I am a twenty-two year old young lady that does still love her life and her God very much.

changes
I'm going to be re-dedicated to writing. I will pick back up my addiction to reading because it's one of the biggest inspirations for me to write, and I will share what comes from this sometimes-jumbled but very-much-wanting-to-share mind of mine. Those types of blogs will be more frequent than they have been lately but I won't be able to schedule them because they're so dependent upon time.

I'm only going to loosely commit to 2 posts per month for now. One will be a monthly recap, and the the other, who knows? For those of you who read this blog because you love the updates and pictures - well, stick around, because I will continue telling the many things that Jesus does for me!

update
Jacob and Christine are expecting baby #5 in July!

Hopefully as the days go on I will have actual updates (plural) to share, but I think that single update is exciting enough for now. I do hope everyone had a lovely January. I'm excited to see what February holds!





No comments:

Post a Comment