August 12, 2013

newphews and cookies and such

I really don't have anything to write about, but I've had so many people ask when I'm posting something new that I thought I should at least post something, however random and non related it might be.

The past week without Amie has been busy, lonely, and quiet. Busy because we've had our monthly church meal, shopping (which means making up my hours), a bridal shower, visiting the nursing home, and a goodbye fellowship after church. Lonely because I have no one to talk to when I'm in the pool, and quiet because there isn't anyone playing the piano at 10:30pm every night.

But it's been a good week nonetheless, and with my mom's birthday, a wedding, a trip to Nashville and another to Kentucky, I know this week will pass just as quickly, and then we will only have one left before she's home!

I've been in the baking mood recently, which is completely abnormal for me. I made Oreo bark (2 ingredients, lots of yum), and chocolate chip cookies, which turned out better than my cookies have in ages! We store our chocolate chips above the stove, and since I made them at night and my mom had been cooking all day (quite literally), they were semi-melted and mixed themselves into the dough. Thankfully some stayed in chunks though, and since I put in extra, the result was super chocolaty, chewy cookies. We all know there are days when you just need hot, gooey cookies and ice cold milk!


The reason my mom had been cooking all day was because she had plucked every last grape off of our 3 vines and canned 55 quarts of grape juice. Have you ever had homemade grape juice? You should try it sometime. Best. Juice. Ever. (Plus our house still smells like my grandma's house! :))


We kept the boys while Christine and her mom made the church meal (cowboy stew - writing this post is making me so hungry!). While my mom got ready for church, Jackson decided to try on her glasses, which started a chain reaction and prompted me to make this collage:


For an update on Amie, she's doing well and thoroughly enjoying herself! Her favorite class is music writing (no surprise there) and she loves her roommates. Please pray for her friend, Leah - her mom went into labor a month early and had her ninth baby yesterday. They're both doing well but Leah hates not being home. If you could pray for her and her family I know it would mean a lot!




And that is all for this blog post. Hopefully I'll have something fun soon, but for now that's just all I've got! Amie said she's going to try to find time to take some pictures and send them to me, so maybe that will be soon. I hope you're all having a wonderful Monday!




2 comments:

  1. You know, Kelly, people find posts interesting even if they seem hum drum to the one writing them. I enjoyed this one! By the way, Happy Birthday, Mrs. Ralph. I am sure you can't wait until Amie gets home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica. I love this post too. I laugh every time I see that picture of the boys in my glasses. Tanner (the youngest) looks just like Simon from the old cartoon, 'Alvin and the Chipmunks'. We do miss Amie but she is having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete