February 18, 2017

this february week

Thursday it came to my mind several times that I needed to post something. However, even if I'd had something prepared (which I didn't), I'm not sure when I would have posted it. It was just one of those days! It's been a busy week and now, late Saturday evening, each task and event has finally been marked off of the list. 

I truly enjoy being busy. Right now I'd really like a nap but I much prefer busy over bored! 

Here are a few photos I've snapped since last Thursday...


This was the game I mentioned between our original ball team and our current ball team. The current team won, but those of us "Era 2013" cheered our hearts out! It was just as much - if not more - fun than we had anticipated, even though we felt older than our actual age as we went out to eat afterwards and were yawning at 8:30. My dad coached both teams and refereed the game!

Last night was our annual Sweetheart Banquet at church. Due to sickness our crowd was down, and the sign-up sheet kept getting names marked off. Schools are shut down in our town and the surrounding areas for over a week due to the sickness, and I'm hoping it'll taper off soon. Some people are on their second round though, so we can only pray! 

I had the children's group ages 2-4, and we had so much fun! I approached it with a "party" mindset, and even though our group of 16 went down to 8, we had a really good time. I made moon sand, which they could have played with for hours! 8 parts flour to one part baby oil - it smelled good and cleaned up amazingly!


When I told them we were going to do a craft, 3 year old Lena Rae said "If we're doing a craft I'm gonna need help!" We colored while glue dried, played with moon sand and balloons, they read a book, and we had cookies at the end. As 3 year old Dean kept telling us, it was all "too funny". This is one of my favorite age groups to work with!

Our craft - "trees" made out of cutting out their hand shape with hearts glued on for leaves!

Last night we ate supper with a new family in our church. Their youngest son kept saying "watch, Belay!" With the K and L's in my name I've been called a lot of things - Teddy, Keyyey, and Olley. "Belay" is a new one though, and when he finally started putting the "Miss" in front of it it turned into "Be-Kelley". I don't mind! I love all the names they come up with to call me.

This afternoon we had a birthday party for my PawPaw. He'll turn 85 on the 24th and I get emotional thinking about how blessed we've been to have him with us this long. I sat across from him today at lunch and I don't think he said more than five words, but that's PawPaw. Last fall gave us a pretty big scare, and I no longer take a single second I'm with him for granted. 9 out of 17 grandkids were able to make it today, and all 8 great-grandchildren were there.

One of my favorite pictures of PawPaw - taken on a family trip to Gatlinburg when he was 83!

That's all for today, y'all. I'm sorry it was such an uneventful post and that it's two days late. Maybe next week will be better, but real life will always come first! I hope you have a beautiful Sunday! Thanks for reading.






No comments:

Post a Comment