May 11, 2015

A Call to Prayer

"And said, I beseech thee, O Lord God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments: Let thine ear now be attentive, and thine eyes open, that thou mayest hear the prayer of thy servant, which I pray before thee now, day and night, for the children of Israel thy servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel, which we have sinned against thee: both I and my father's house have sinned."  Nehemiah 1:5-6


A Call to Prayer

A church I'm very familiar with has put out a call for prayer for our nation. A petition for 50,000 American Christians to spend the next five days fasting and praying for the United States of America. At my church last night we were encouraged to commit to at least one day of fasting, and we'll be meeting at church every day to pray. Anonymously, with no one looking around, we had commitments for every day of the fast, and at the end, a few commitments for multiple days.

I believe fasting is very personal, I believe it's between a person and the Lord, and I believe it works. It worked for Nineveh, it can work for America.

Here is the link and information for the petition. Will you join us in the war room of prayer for America?


No comments:

Post a Comment