January 2, 2019

a new year

As I sit here looking at this blank screen wondering what in the world to write, I realize it's been seven years since I started this blog.

I began it as a way to document my missions trip with my friends to Germany so our church family back home could stay in touch. Then I recapped the trip, and as weeks passed I realized missionaries and far-away friends were using it as a way to keep up with our lives here in middle Tennessee.

It became an outlet for the times I wanted to write creatively, a place to spill my heart when I felt surely someone out there could relate, and a place to put pictures of the growth and change that was happening around me.

Today, it is January the second, seven years later. Back then I was a few months from leaving my teen years behind, today I am a few days away from turning 26. If you scan the past few years of this blog's posts you will see a common theme of waiting on the Lord, learning to be patient, questioning the trials He requests from us, the process of a healing heart, and waiting again. And then this past year, I announced my engagement and marriage all in the span of about one month.

God is so gracious to us. This past year has been indescribable. I never would have imagined the smooth transition from being single to marriage. I wouldn't have dreamed Brandon and I would have settled into a new routine and living together as quickly and smoothly as we did. I know it was God's hand on us, His leading us every step of the way.

I'm excited to see what 2019 holds! 2018 was a big year for change, and I imagine this one will be as well. We purchased some land last month, and will be navigating saving, building, and everything that comes along with this new adventure very soon. I will try to post more, include you in our lives and keep you updated on the happenings here in middle Tennessee. 

Thank you for sticking with me via this blog. As infrequently as I post, it is still something I very much enjoy and always look forward to hearing from you.

Have a happy new year, friends!

Christmas Day 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment