February 28, 2014

sick and tired | february recap

Isn't that just the jolliest blog title? As I was trying to come up with one, the general consensus about February is that most people are sick, and if they're not sick, they're tired. In our town, RSV was visiting the little ones, including Lena and a few other barely out babies, but thankfully they're all on the mend, just keep them in your prayers! Every child in the nursery has runny noses. Amie has had mono this winter, which means several other sicknesses that have been passed around as well. Other things I've heard going around is colds (obviously), H1N1, strep, bronchitis.... how I have managed to stay this healthy I do not know! Dreaming of warm weather and brighter days ahead, let's review February...


February 2 the children's choir at church sang in our not quite yet completed sanctuary.



February 5 was my dad's 54th birthday. We had something going on every night the week of his birthday, so Wednesday night after church everyone came over to the house for dessert. It looked very similar to last year...



February 10th we had a baby shower for Miss Lena Rae. It was so much fun to plan and decorate, and she got so many beautiful things!



 February 13 we got to keep Jace, Jackson, and Tanner for a few hours. We played and ate supper, they took a bath in the jacuzzi, we played, and then they ate popcorn while they watched The Very Hungry Caterpillar.



February 14 was not only Valentine's Day, but also the day we had our annual Sweetheart Banquet at church. I was able to decorate and plan some games, but totally forgot to take pictures, which makes me very sad because it was beautiful! (In my opinion. ;)) Then I helped keep the nursery and I'm pretty sure all the couples had a fun time. My sister and her friend Grace prepared all the food and did a marvelous job!


February 15 my friend Hannah and her husband Jacob announced that they're expecting a baby girl, Amelia Kate. I don't have any pictures of their reveal party because I wasn't able to make it, but here's a picture she sent me of her baby's little hand...



February 20 - 21 our basketball team was in a tournament, which was also their last two games of the season. They didn't win this year, but came in third place.

At least we won that last game in a big way!

 At some point, the sanctuary was completed!




♥ February snapshots...



I hope everyone had a great February! It sure has been cold these last few days, so hopefully warm weather is just around the corner and will chase all this sickness away! Have a lovely March, dear readers!


No comments:

Post a Comment